Welcome to the Healthy Way Diet Program! Our focus is providing nutritionally sound and medically researched information and advice to help you live healthier, happier lives.
Following a detox diet can definitely help you lose weight and unlike any diet programs, this is focused on water consumption as the main tool for weight loss. Some of the benefits of a detox diet plan include the following:
- Enhanced breathing.
- Improved digestion, lesser constipation, gas, indigestion and bloating and better elimination of body wastes.
- Lesser reactive or allergic responses to foods. Detox diet can also reduce mucus formation and congestion.
- More energy, overall improved health and faster nutrient absorption.
- Improved alkalinity, lesser body acid and balanced pH.
- Increased sense of satisfaction, reduced food craving and better eating habits.
However, just like any other diet plans, detox diet also has its drawbacks or disadvantages. While following this diet, you may experience frequent headaches due to caffeine withdrawal. To prevent this, make sure that caffeine consumption is decreased gradually. You may also experience having diarrhea that may result to loss of electrolytes and dehydration, as well as constipation. The latter may occur to those who are consuming too much fiber with lesser fluid intake. You may also experience irritability, tiredness, weight loss, frequent hunger and formation of acne. Also, following a detox diet for a long period of time may result to calcium and protein deficiency.
The foods that you can include in your diet that can help you get better results with lesser side effects are the following:
- Garlic – this can be added to your sauces, spreads and salads. Garlic can also help enhance the health of your cardiovascular system and activates liver enzymes, which are helpful in filtering junks.
- Lemon – this contains high amount of vitamin C, which is a known detox vitamin that is helpful in converting toxins into water, a soluble form that can be easily flushed out of the body.
- Green Tea – this is considered as the best antioxidant that contains catechin, which is helpful in enhancing liver functionality.
- Fruits – various types of fruits can be included in a detox diet, especially the ones rich in nutritious fluids, fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Cabbage – this helps activate two detoxifying enzymes in the liver.