Welcome to the Healthy Way Diet Program! Our focus is providing nutritionally sound and medically researched information and advice to help you live healthier, happier lives.
Sirloin Steak and Roast Vegetables
Bypass fries and enjoy these steaks with spicy roasted vegetables.
Sirloin steaks: 4 oz each: fat trimmed: 4
Balsamic vinegar: 1 tbsp
Garlic clove: crushed: 1
Oregano leaves: chopped: ¼ cup
Eggplant: 2cm long slices: 1
Red hot pepper: 2 cm long slices: 1
Zucchini: medium: 2 cm long slices: 2
Baby fennel bulbs: quartered: 2
Red onion: cut into wedges: 1
Whole grain mustard: mixed in 2 tbsp water: 1
Olive oil cooking spray
Balsamic vinegar: for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Mix a spoonful of oregano with the balsamic vinegar and garlic in a large bowl.
- Add steaks and coat in the marinade; place aside.
- Lay out vegetables in a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining oregano.
- Spray with olive oil.
- Roast the vegetables for half an hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, pat dry beef steaks, spray with olive oil and place in a non-stick pan.
- Pan fry until cooked to your preference.
- Serve the steaks and roasted vegetables with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Additional Recipe Information:
- Nutritional information per serving: 322 calories, 151 mg sodium, 25.1 g carbohydrate, 101 mg cholesterol, 39.3 g protein, 8.2 g fat and 12.2 g fiber