Welcome to the Healthy Way Diet Program! Our focus is providing nutritionally sound and medically researched information and advice to help you live healthier, happier lives.
Turkey Melt on Baguette
Serve with sliced raw veggies for a filling and healthy lunch.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Spinach: chopped: frozen and thawed: 10 ounces
Tomato: 2 large: cut into 6 slices each
Mushrooms: sliced: ½ cup
Panera whole grain baguette: 2 oz: 6
Garlic and herb seasoning: salt free: to taste
Onions: chopped: ¼ cup
Turkey meat: oven roasted: skinless: separated into thick strips: 18oz
Swiss cheese: reduced fat: 1oz slices: 6
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Halve baguettes and bake on baking sheet for 4 minutes each side.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Drain the spinach and place in a heated skillet.
- Add spices, mushrooms, and onion and stir while cooking for 5 minutes.
- Place 3 ounces of turkey on each baquette bottom.
- Top with ¼ cup spinach mixture, 2 slices of tomato, and one slice of cheese.
- Return to oven and bake till cheese melts.
- Replace baguette top and serve immediately
Additional Recipe Information:
- Nutritional information per serving: 425 calories, 525 mg sodium, 85 mg cholesterol, 37.1 g carbohydrates, 40 g protein, 10.3 g fat, 5.3 g fiber