Welcome to the Healthy Way Diet Program! Our focus is providing nutritionally sound and medically researched information and advice to help you live healthier, happier lives.
Salmon Fillets in Chicken Broth
Enjoy the light taste of salmon simmered in chicken broth.
Lemon juice: from 1 or 2 small lemons
Chicken broth: low sodium: 1/3 cup
Salmon fillet: 4oz each: 2
- Pour chicken broth and lemon juice into a medium sized skillet.
- Into this, place raw salmon fillets.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-low flame.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately five minutes.
- Turn salmon, replace lid, and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until salmon flakes with fork
- Serve salmon with or without broth.
Additional Recipe Information:
- Nutritional Information per serving (nutritional values include broth): 236 calories, 71 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 25.4 g protein, 14 g fat, and 0.2 g carbohydrate